Genealogy & History Research Assistant
This is an iPad app available from the iTunes store for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
To develop my research into my family’s history, I want to know more than just dates and basic relationships. A more comprehensive understanding of the history and social conditions of an ancestor will give me a better picture of them. I can explore the world of my ancestors with the Wolfram Genealogy & History Research Assistant app on my iPad, with a simple, easy-to-use interface
I might want to know such things as:
- What else happened on a particular date?
- What are the variations of a name?
- How old was my ancestor on a certain date?
- What relationship is an ancestor four times removed to me?
- Were their names common at that time?
- What happened on their birthdays?
- What was the weather like on my grandparents’ wedding day?
- What were the towns they lived in like, including demographics, and how far are they from where you live?
- What was 20 dollars worth the year my great-grandmother was born?
- What is the technical relationship between me and my grandfather’s sister
The Genealogy & History Research Assistant provides answers to all these questions and more. The Wolfram Genealogy & History Research Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world’s leading software system for mathematical research and education.
Below are screen captures of some of the many options this app provides.